The Bistritsa Monastery of St. Petka or just short Bistrishki Manastir is located in the Kalugerovo meadows area of Vitosha Mountain in the outskirts of the village of Bistritsa near Sofia.
The Monastery of St. Petka was founded in 10th century but, like most monasteries in the Bulgarian lands, it was destroyed during the invasion of the Turks at the end of 14th century.
After the Liberation, the monastery was restored and a small church existed until 1951. In 1956 the present church was built. Currently the Bistritsa Monastery of St. Petka consists of a chapel, residential and industrial buildings. The church is a basilica without a dome, with a narthex and a bell tower above it. The monastery does not offer accommodation and food.