Category: Our Lady of Vitosha Convent

Our Lady of Vitosha Convent

Church candlesFor the first time the name of the monastery is mentioned in the Golden Sealed Deed of Vitosha of the Bulgarian tsar Ivan Shishman (1371-1393).

It notes that the Our Lady of Vitosha Convent (Manastir Sveta Bogoro) was founded during the reign of Ivan Alexander (1331-1371) and was part of the monasteries which appeared in 14 and 15 centuries around Sofia called Sofia Sveta Gora (the Sacred Forest of Sofia). Read more

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 0 Flares ×