The Sokolski Monastery is located about 10 km from the town of Gabrovo, near the village of Charkovo and the ethnographic complex Etara.
The Sokolski Monastery was founded in 1833 by Archbishop Joseph Sokolski. He came here from the Troyan Monastery. A year later the today’s church was erected with the resources and the assistance of the peasants from nearby villages.
The newly built church was consecrated on 15 August 1834 by Tarnovo Bishop Hilarion of Crete. In 1836 a church school was opened in the Monastery and it became an educational center. Read more