The in the west wing of the former king’s palace, built in 1873 and after the Independence became a residence of the Bulgarian monarchs. The collection was started in 1892 but it pronounced as an independent entity.
It consists of more than 30 000 pieces of paintings, prints and sculptures with the emphasis of the works of the last two centuries. There are regular exhibitions of contemporary Bulgarian artists. Read more